Flighted Behavior Specialist
The Flighted Behavior Specialist Badge is awarded when the member has completed flight behavior training courses in order to achieve a high standard of behavior response in flight. These behaviors will provide the trainer with numerous methods to increase safety measures prior to and during flight, and they will provide the bird with the proper skills necessary to succeed in flight training.
A Prerequisite to this track is the Understanding Behavior and Training Roadmap. These courses will go in depth into the topics listed, providing the trainer with a more advanced skillset. To complete this track, members need to complete the following courses. Some tracks are broken up into Tiers. Tiers 2 & 3 represent more advanced courses. Once completed, submit the form so that our team can review and issue your badge.
Requirements for Tier 1:
- Recall Training Course
- Harness Training Your Bird Course
- Training Tidbit: Creance Mechanics
- How to step up any bird (coming soon)
Requirements for Tier 2:
- Training Tidbit: How to Train a Send Off Cue
- Telemetry Mini Course
- Training Tidbit: How to Prevent and Reduce Bating in Birds of Prey
- Webinar: How to Motivate Your Bird of Prey
- Webinar: When to Weight Manage Your Bird of Prey
Download the Checklist:
Use this checklist to keep track of trainings that you have completed. Click Here to Download
Submit for Review:
Once completed, submit the form to request that our team review and issue your badge.