Husbandry Behavior Specialist
The Husbandry Behavior Specialist Badge is awarded when the member has completed husbandry training courses including that will improve the quality of life in the bird’s daily routine as well as build positive relationships with the trainer.
A Prerequisite to this track is the Understanding Behavior and Training Roadmap. These courses will go in depth into the topics listed, providing the trainer with a more advanced skillset. To complete this track, members need to complete the following courses. Some tracks are broken up into Tiers. Tiers 2 & 3 represent more advanced courses. Once completed, submit the form so that our team can review and issue your badge.
Requirements for Tier 1:
- How to step up any bird (coming soon)
- Teach Your Bird to Play Course
- Training Tidbit: Mechanics of Reinforcing
- Target Course
- Webinar: What to do When Your Parrot Shows Cage Aggression
- Webinar: How to Step Up Your Parrot Without Getting Bitten
- Training Tidbit: How to Stop Your Parrot From Biting When They are on Your Hand
Requirements for Tier 2:
- Harness Training Your Bird Course
- Training Your Animal to Station Course
- Training Tidbit: How to Reinforce Your Parrot with a Spoon
- Webinar Recording: Hormonal Parrot
- Webinar: Quarantining with Parrots
Download the Checklist:
Use this checklist to keep track of trainings that you have completed. Click Here to Download
Submit for Review:
Once completed, submit the form to request that our team review and issue your badge.