The Parrot Specialist badge is awarded when the member has completed the parrot specialist training courses to enhance their understanding and work with parrots. This track is designed to will increase the quality of life of parrots in their daily routines and give the trainer new ways to build positive relationships with their birds as well as assist those looking to share their skills with other companion parrot people.
To complete this track, members need to complete the following courses. Some tracks are broken up into Tiers. Tiers 2 & 3 represent more advanced courses. Once completed, submit the form so that our team can review and issue your badge.
Requirements for Tier 1:
- Teach Your Bird to Play
- Training Your Animal to Station Course
- Trick Training Course
- Webinar: How to Step Up Your Parrot Without Getting Bitten
- Training Tidbit: How to Reinforce Your Parrot with a Spoon
- Webinar Recording: Hormonal Parrot
- Webinar: Quarantining with Parrots
- Webinar: Train your dog this to teach your bird that
- Training Tidbit: How to Stop Your Parrot From Biting When They are on Your Hand
Requirements for Tier 2:
- Course: Harness Training Your Bird
- Webinar: Jealousy in a Flock – How to Train Multiple Parrots
- Course: Voluntary Nail Trims with Your Bird
- How to Step Up Any Parrot (Coming Soon)
Download the Checklist:
Use this checklist to keep track of trainings that you have completed. Click Here to Download
Submit for Review:
Once completed, submit the form to request that our team review and issue your badge.